Issues of the organization in the SharePoint Issue Tracking App
ISO 9001 calls organizations to determine and review issues that are relevant to the quality management system (see context of the organization and ISO 9001 Management review process). Better than a table in a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet is the Issue Tracking App in SharePoint from Microsoft. Issue Tracking was revised by Microsoft in 2018, June for the new experience in Office 3651.
- Notification of responsible executives - a function for ISO 9001, leadership and commitment
- Issue related history - a function for the knowledge of an organization and documented information (ISO 9001)
- Compare SharePoint Issue Tracking and ISO 9001 requirements
- Frequently asked questions
- Known Errors
- Links for more informations
Notification of responsible executives
Executives, which an issue has assigned, will be informed automatically via e-mail. The special thing in the Microsoft App for Issue Tracking is, that an executive don`t need to subscribe to notifications from that issue list first (this is the fact in custom lists in SharePoint). An executive assigned to an issue will get an e-mail without doing anything.
This supports organizations to demonstrate leadership and commitment, no more discussion about the need to be informed or the need to inform others.
Issue related history
How did a specific issue related to the quality management system perform recently? Since when is it been an relevant issue? With the new experience in SharePoint just have a look on the right, the details pane will answer this question - you don´t need to search in the management review reports of the past years.
Compare SharePoint Issue Tracking and ISO 9001 requirements
Following table is part of the user’s manual Determine the scope of the quality management system in SharePoint Online in Microsoft Office 365 (Appendix System configuration SharePoint Online).
|Issue Tracking Columns (SharePoint App)||Requirements (ISO 9001)|
|Title||Issue, context of the organization|
|Assigned To||Leadership and commitment|
|Issue Status||Organizational knowledge|
|Description||Context of the organization|
|Category||Context of the organization|
|Created By||Documented information|
|Modified By||Documented information|
In this example of the issue tracking in SharePoint the field category is used to make a difference between external and internal organizations issues. Some organizations see an issue as relevant external and external. Selecting two values in the field are not possible with Microsoft lists template. Microsoft don´t allow to the change field type to a multi-checkbox, also not deleting the field. June 28, 2018 it was suggested to enable that (see Change of field type for category column from Drop-Down Menu to Checkboxes is not supported).
Frequently asked questionsHow do I recognize the new experience in SharePoint?
The new experience is the new design of lists in SharePoint (also known as Modern UI); left is the new and right the classic experience.
You may notice a text-hyperlink named Return to classic SharePoint left on the button of the page, when you`re on new experience.What do I have to do, when the Issue Tracking isn`t available as new app?
Activate the Site Feature Team Site Features.
- List ID and Title Columns resize simultaneously, confirmed by Microsoft2
- Related Issues Lookup in Modern UI Issue Tracking list3
- Cannot modify position setting for an image in Rich Text in non-IE browsers, confirm by Microsoft6
- There`s no way in modern list view to add a link in comments for an issue7
- 1: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-SharePoint-Blog/Updates-to-metadata-handling-and-list-templates/ba-p/202113
- 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_win10-mso_o365b/sharepoint-online-modern-ui-issues-log-app-list-id/5e58640e-5202-4f4a-bd97-aee54b5a0167
- 3: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Related-Issues-Lookup-in-Modern-UI-Issue-Tracking-list/m-p/207964
- 4: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-a-three-state-workflow-bb91586e-99a2-4cf7-b810-998b5120a6e0?omkt=en-001
- 5: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/introduction-to-lists-0a1c3ace-def0-44af-b225-cfa8d92c52d7
- 6: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_win10-mso_o365b/how-do-i-arrange-an-image-within-an-extended-rich/89613d01-0c2b-4872-aba4-4bfd31804dbb
- 7: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_win10-mso_o365b/how-to-add-a-link-in-comments-in-issue-tracking/39659d7d-e5f6-4342-97c1-cb4456f54254
Published 2018-06-27, modified 2018-08-17, Author Dennis Scherrer
Microsoft, Office 365, Excel, Visio and SharePoint are Trade Marks of Microsoft Corporation
BLUESITE Beratungsgesellschaft für die Informationstechnologie mbH is Microsoft Partner and DIN Member